Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One Hit Wonders Hall Of Fame: The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

Rock music has had its share of eccentrics (Alice Cooper, Little Richard, Syd Barrett), but few could top Arthur Brown. Brown was known for his wild stage antics involving fire helmets and wild costumes. He scored a #2 hit in the US with Fire in 1968. Even by 60s standards, Fire is shocking. Peace and love are one thing, but any song that begins with the singer shouting "I am the God of Hellfire, and I bring you FIRE!" is going to stand out. Brown went on to form Kingdom Come and continues to perform and record his unique brand of art rock. You can check out his ramblings at his website


The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - Fire


1 Comments:

Hello! While I was searching for info on as seen on tv chopper I somehow landed here. I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for as seen on tv chopper. Thanks for the post.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?