Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Do! Me Too!


My wife used to tell me about this great record she used to listen to when she was a kid. It consisted of a man and a woman speaking in one word sentences with a lilting beat behind them. We found the 45 at a friend's mother's house. Imagine my delight when it turned out to be "The Lovers" by The Three Suns. The song (the B side to the 1957 single "Wailin' Guitar") is a light-hearted romp through the courtship ritual, with the Suns' usual combo of guitar, piano, and accordian. This is one of the few songs they recorded that includes vocals.


"Wailin' Guitar" is a pretty uncharacteristic number for the trio, an attempt to appeal to the kids with their crazy rock and roll. The song itself is a pretty good loungy instrumental, punctuated by a sax solo.


The Lovers

Wailin' Guitar


Check out the great Three Suns Universe site for more info on the band.


1 Comments:

I know I'm a little late, but any chance of re-posting these? :-)

By Blogger Joe, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?