Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm In The Moog For Love


Some hip, swinging moog music from Keith Droste. It's from that heady time when electronic music looked like the wave of the future. Most moog music turned out to be a lot of noodling blips and bloops, and it never really caught on. Still, it made for some interesting sounds.

Even at the time moog music was being viewed as a gimmick. From the liner notes:

Before you toss this album back in the bin thinking it's just another one of those cutesy moog things, heed this worning. You're making a terrible mistake.

Check out the treatment of "Michelle," "Aquarius," and originals like "Pressure Cooker." It may not have been all it claimed to be, but it's pretty cool.

  • Aquarius
  • Walk On By
  • When You Come Along
  • Moog In My Soul
  • Sounds Like Love
  • T'aint Necessarily Soul
  • Michelle
  • Smoke Gets In My Moog
  • Star Spangled Moog
  • Pressure Cooker

Big Band Moog

2 Comments:

Indeed, this is a really GOOD LP. I've offered a selection from it before on my Luxuriamusic.com branded SPACE PATROL program before. Never seen the audiotape version before.

By Blogger litlgrey, at 6:43 AM  

If anyone had asked me at the time, I would have thought it was a great idea.

By Blogger Strange Fruit, at 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?