Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Beatles Project #2: Devolver


Here's installment number two of my ongoing recreations of Beatles albums. This one features two non-english versions (Taxman in Portuguese, Yellow Submarine in Dutch), soul covers of Got To Get You Into My Life, Good Day Sunshine, and Tomorrow Never Knows, I'm Only Sleeping as an upbeat ska number, and some other interesting tidbits. A special shout out to Funky16Corners for the soul sides and to Menno Sijbrandij for hipping me to Collectors Corner, where I got the Karin Kent version of Yellow Sub. Thanks, guys! Oh, and a special belated thanks to Guuzbourg, the creator of the fantastic Filles Sourires blog. Keep 'em comin'!

Devolver
Taxman/Chame o Taxi - Meire Pavão
Eleanor Rigby - Booker T. And The M.G.'s
Love You To - Glenn Mercer
I'm Only Sleeping - Suggs
Here, There and Everywhere - Claudine Longet
Yellow Submarine/Jelle zal wel zien - Karin Kent
Got To Get You Into My Life - Four Tops
She Said She Said - SpoDeeODee
Good Day Sunshine - Lou Rawls
For No One - Pablo Gonzalez
I Want To Tell You - Jimmy & The Rackets
Tomorrow Never Knows - Junior Parker

2 Comments:

TNK by Junior Parker = great!!

By Blogger Guuzbourg, at 12:43 PM  

Thanks for this. Interesting Project. The magazine Mojo back in 2006 did a version with the following tracks

1. Catfish Haven - Taxman
2. The Handsome Family With The Rivet Gang - Eleanor Rigby
3. Neal Casal - I'm Only Sleeping
4. Sukilove - Love You To
5. Belarus - Here, There And Everywhere
6. Chris Eckman - Yellow Submarine
7. Mark Mulcahy - She Said She Said
8. Lampshade - Good Day Sunshine
9. Jim Reid - And Your Bird Can Sing
10. Michael Weston King - For No One
11. Luke Temple - Doctor Robert
12. Thea Gilmore - I Want To Tell You
13. Green Pajamas - Got To Get You Into My Life
14. Jason McNiff - Tomorrow Never Knows

By Blogger Junk Monkey, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?