Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Dis-Advantages Of You



I confess that I didn't have much hope for this one. But I loved the cover, so home it went. I did a little research and found out that The Brass Ring was a wannabe hip instro act in the Tijuana Brass mode. Leader Phil Bodner, and accomplished reed man, was a sort of poor man's Herb Alpert. They scored a minor hit with "The Love Theme from the Flight of the Phoenix." "Music to Watch Girls By" was also used in a diet soda commercial (Tab, I think).

And hey, guess what? It's pretty good. It features the usual hits-of-today and movie themes (back when movies had themes). U.S. readers will remember the title cut from the old Benson & Hedges cigarette commercials on TV.

Unfortunately, that's not Phil on the cover. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the "Now Sound" of Phil Bodner and The Brass Ring.

The Dis-Advantages Of You

1 Comments:

Thanks -- sounds like fun!

By Blogger whiteray, at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?