Thursday, September 18, 2008

Greatest Hits!


I can't resist any greatest hits package from the 60s and 70s. These would include original artists comps and contemporary hits done by other artists. I buy them even if the records are scratchy. As long as the cover is intact I'll dig deep and pay the 50 cents or dollar. The covers have to have at least one of the following:

*Happy, dancing teens in mod clothing (even if the music is by Percy Faith)
*A title like "20 Top Tunes!" or "Super Happening Smash Hits!"
*Quasi-psychedelic design
*"Hits" by bands you've never heard of (The Beachnuts, anyone?)
*The phrase "As Seen On TV"

Although the ones from the 60s are generally superior, the 70s collections are not without their charm, especially the oldies comps. I've organized a couple dozen of my faves in a Flickr set. Enjoy.

Super Top Smash Hit Songs

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?