Sunday, April 05, 2009

A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I've been looking for a job and working on my website, among other things. I picked up a copy of Dick Cavett's interviews with rockstars at the library (times are tough). I was looking forward to his 1974 interview with David Bowie, which I had seen when it originally aired. It was as I remembered, with a sniffly, nervous Bowie gamely trying to answer Cavett's pointed questions.

Anyway, various parts of the show are available on YouTube, along with his bizarro appearance on Dinah Shore with Henry "The Fonz" Winkler. Here's a clip of the long-haired, puffy shirted David performing "Space Oddity" on an awards show in 1970. Apparently, his band in invisible. Enjoy.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?